One of the most famous art works in the West, and perhaps even across the world, Michelangelo’s Creation of Adam is an enigma in more than one way. There have been numerous theories on the nature of the art-piece, its position on the ceiling (of the Sistine Chapel), its meaning, and generally its alarming imposition on us as human beings. Enigma that it is in a spiritual/religious sense, it is also paradoxical in the sense of its title...
- Five ways of reading Plato
- Differences between Marxism, Leninism, Trotskyism, Stalinism,…
- 6 Paradoxes in Macbeth – a study guide
- Michelangelo’s ‘Creation of Adam’ paradox
- ‘War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength’
- Making sense of Zizek’s choice for Trump
- Friedrich Nietzsche and Lou von Salomé, the myth of marriage proposals
- Nietzsche and the Jews
- Kenyan lawyer sues ‘Israel’ for killing Jesus
- Was Nietzsche an aristocratic elitist?
Arendt Aristotle art Carl Schmitt choice death definition democracy enemy Foucault freedom funny haha Israel Jesus Jew joke law life love Marx morality motion Nietzsche paradox people philosophy Plato political politics read reality reason revolution science society Socrates solipsism space time war work world Zeno Zizek